New member From Cologne Germany

Qui êtes-vous et surtout que possédez-vous comme moto ?

Modérateur : modérateurs

Répondre
Carsten

New member From Cologne Germany

Message par Carsten »

Bonjour a tous,

je susi Carsten de Cologne, Allemagne. Mon Francais n‘est pas tee bons.

If possible I would like to write in English.
I own a Saturno and a Nordwest since more than 25 years. I read this site several occasions. Thank you for accepting me as a member.

Since two years the Nordwest is my Corona-Project.

All engine bearings new, Frame powdercoated, fairing new paint, wheels new bearings, powdercoated and lots of little changes.

At the moment I would like to maintain the starter motor. But before raising questions I use the search-function.

Greetings from my garage!

Carsten

Franck Lagaroje

Re: New member From Cologne Germany

Message par Franck Lagaroje »

Et bien le bonjour, les traductions automatique vont nous permettre de discuter.
Soit le bienvenue.
Pose tes questions, Donne des infos, tout vas bien la vie est belle.

Guten Tag, die automatischen Übersetzungen ermöglichen es uns, zu diskutieren.
Sei willkommen.
Stellen Sie Ihre Fragen, geben Sie Informationen, alles läuft gut, das Leben ist gut.

Carsten

Message par Carsten »

Hello Frank,

is a description available how to renovate the starter motor of the Nodwest?

I am looking for service parts of the starter. In German Kohlebuersten.

Any idea?

Greetings

Carsten

levrier-noir

Message par levrier-noir »

Welcome Carsten

One Saturno and one NW since 25 years ...congratulation !
If you are some pictures of your bikes, we like it.  For the starter, (for the both bikes), it is rarely the brush .The best is a good cleaning starter and replace the hight voltage cables, with time, they oxdize. Change de coil cable too !   :wink:

Franck Lagaroje

Can you tell us what is wrong?
For my part what I have observed over time 32 years of Saturno (2 motorbikes) and more than 200000km
No breakdown or part to change.
On the other hand oxidation of the armature and the stator. Sandpaper cleaning remedy
The reassembly of the coal is arduous. Another finding of earth fault remedy I connected the battery earth directly to the starter motor.

Déjà peux tu nous dire ce qui ne fonctionne pas?
Pour ma part ce que j'ai constaté avec le temps 32 ans de Saturno ( 2 moto) et plus de 200000km
Pas de panne ou de pièce à changer.
En revanche oxydation de l'induis et du stator. Remède nettoyage au papier de verre
Le remontage des charbon est ardue. Autre constat défaut de masse remède j'ai branché la masse batterie directement sur le cul du démarreur.

Franck Lagaroje

Je met bien sûr à part les pannes dû à la roue libre du démarreur celle là je connais bien Je l'ai vécu 5 fois.

I of course put aside the failure due to the freewheel of the starter that I know well I have experienced it 5 times.

gilles le rat

Message par gilles le rat »

Frank évite les expressions "cul du démarreur " dans le cas de traduction automatique cela donne des choses incompréhensibles pour l´interlocuteur :lol:

Franck Lagaroje

Pas du tout ça ne l'a carrément pas traduit :mrgreen:

Carsten

Message par Carsten »

Merry Xmas from Germany!

Here is my Saturno,

the Nordwest is not finished yet. The starter is to weak to start the engine. When I exchanged the starter it fired up right away. - So I will follow your recommendations and clean it first and exchange the cables. Are there any source for new coals known?

Happy holidays!

Carsten

Fichiers joints
1BB21D3C-F623-4A89-802D-D2C7D617C548.jpeg
1BB21D3C-F623-4A89-802D-D2C7D617C548.jpeg (71.56 Kio) Vu 7234 fois

Franck Lagaroje

Merry Christmas to you too, Keep already in what state yours are, then we’ll see how to find something. It’s Nippon Denso, it’s got to find it.

Looking at the photo I see that you removed the filter box mounted a radial Master cylinder and an oil radiator, did you make any other changes?

And I see her as well surrounded 2 Saturno a Ducati NW and further a Volvo 544 she to a friend of yours?

Joyeux Noël à toi aussi, Regarde déjà dans quel état sont les tiens, après nous verrons bien pour trouver quelque chose. C'est du Nippon Denso ça doit ce trouver.

En regardant la Photo je vois que tu a retirer le boîtier de filtre monté un Maitre cylindre radial et un radiateur d'huile, as tu fait d'autre modifications?

Et je la voie aussi bien entouré 2 Saturno une NW des Ducati et plus loin une Volvo 544 elle est à un de tes ami?

Franck Lagaroje

I have written a betise, the starter is not a Nipon Denso it is an EFEL the Coal are available it is enough to type coals of starter efel and make his choice. They are compatible with Bosch

j'ai écrit une bétise, le démarreur n'est pas un Nipon Denso c'est un EFEL les Charbon sont disponible il suffis de taper charbons de démarreur efel et de faire son choix. Ils sont compatible Bosch

Franck Lagaroje

J'ai identifié le démarreur ça va être plus facile de trouver des pièces.
C'est un EFEL 36457

Visiblement sur certain sites il y a même des plateau de charbon complet disponible.
Ils expliquent aussi comment mesurer les charbons pour trouver les bons, les compatibilités avec Bosch sont totale.
Les ressorts sont aussi disponibles.

A savoir qu'un charbon ça peu ce retailler, il suffis de prendre la taille au dessus et de le poncer avec un papier de verre fin.

Les dimension c'est épaisseur 5mm, largeur 10mm longueur lç c'est un peu à l'estimation parce que ceux que j'ai de démonté sont usés Il reste 15mm mais neuf ils ne devaient pas faire plus de 17 mm vu la place. le fils est court 20 mm, et il est soudé sur le bâti.

I’ve identified the starter, it’s gonna be easier to find parts.
This is an EFEL 36457

Apparently on some sites there are even complete coal trays available.
They also explain how to measure coals to find the right ones, compatibilities with Bosch are total.
Springs are also available.

In other words, a coal can be cut, it is enough to take the size above and sand it with fine sandpaper.

The dimension is thickness 5mm, width 10mm length lç is a little to estimate because the ones I disassembled are worn out It remains 15mm but new they should not make more than 17 mm seen the place. the wire is short 20 mm, and it is welded to the frame.

Carsten

Message par Carsten »

Dear Franck,
thank you for ll the details. The Volvo 544  belongs to a the Gilera/Ducati dealer who’s hobby is Volvo.
The photo is from a joint gathering of Saturno and Volvo drivers. - In the evening he performed in his other hobby: rock music live!

To my Saturno: It has the Nordwest valves, 100mm piston and other cams. Flywheel is lighter.

The fork is optimized by an expert and the rear damper is from Wilbers suspension.

I placed a light lithium battery in the rear.

I think that’s it.

With Pirelli Diabolo Rosso III perfect for me.

All the best for the new year!

Carsten

levrier-noir

Message par levrier-noir »

Carsten a écrit :
jeu. 30 déc. 2021 13:33
To my Saturno: It has the Nordwest valves, 100mm piston and other cams. Flywheel is lighter
How capacity is that with 100mm bore ?

Carsten

Message par Carsten »

581 ccm. :-)

Happy New Year!

Franck Lagaroje

Belle préparation, sur ma Saturno j'ai dû changer le moteur, remplacé par un NW, monté avec la culasse de Saturno standard, je l'ai monté avec un CDI de RC 600, carburation légèrement modifié., amortisseur Olhïns, maitre cylindre Radial PR 19 Brembo à l'avant, Bridgestonne S20, ça va bien aussi.

Nice preparation, on my Saturno I had to change the engine, replaced by a NW, mounted with the standard Saturno cylinder head, I mounted it with a CDI of RC 600, carburation slightly modified. , Olhïns damper, Radial PR 19 Brembo master cylinder in front, Bridgestonne S20, it’s fine too.

Carsten

Message par Carsten »

Hi Franck,

your modifications are probably ver similar to mine but a lot cheaper. I did not mention  the Mikuni carburator on my list.
Today I would do it probably your way.

Greetings

Carsten

Franck Lagaroje

Il y a quelques années j'ai monté un Mikuni TM 40 sur le moteur stock, je n'ai pas trouvé que c'était satisfaisant. moteur brutal et trop de consommation d'essence + 1,5 l alors j'ai remonté le Dell Orto et j'ai travaillé dessus. Boisseau de BMW R90S et modification du boîtier de filtre plus gicleur de ralentie ça suffis à mon bonheur.

A few years ago I mounted a Mikuni TM 40 on the stock engine, I didn’t find it satisfactory. Brutal engine and too much fuel consumption + 1.5L so I wound up the Dell Orto and worked on it. Bushel of BMW R90S and modification of the filter housing plus jet of slowed down is enough for my happiness.

valjes

Message par valjes »

Hallo Carsten,

Ich spreche nicht mehr gut Deutch, aber ein wenig mit spass  :lol:

Ich anfang dieses Tages auch ein gross Renovierung mit zwei, vielleicht drei Nordwest.

Wilkommen.
Bis bald
Jes

Carsten

Message par Carsten »

Hi Jes,

viel Glück mit der Renovierung! Lass uns wissen, wie es läuft.

Es gibt für jedes Problem eine Lösung😁

Bon chance!

Carsten

Répondre